Biological and Applied Environmental Research
(BAER) Biol. Appl. Environ. Res.
Open Access Journal ISSN: 2002-6153
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
The BAER’s ISSN has been issued by the Swedish Royal Library ´Kungliga Biblioteket´. The BAER is an open access journal sponsored by BIOVAT, a scientific Company in Sweden devoted to keep on the standards of publication ethics. The editors as well as reviewers, authors and publisher have to adopt the following standards of publication ethics and publication malpractice statement consistent with the COPE Principles of Transparency and Best Practice Guidelines and the COPE Code of Conduct. For information please visit http://publicationethics.org/)
Responsibilities of the Editors
The editors accept obligation to apply an efficient and competent manner to maintain high ethical standards of publication of quality science and practice to cope with the following responsibilities:
- Have the full authority to reject/accept a manuscript and take a decision on manuscript submitted for publication guided by BAER instructions for submission and publication following to journal's policies and constrained by legal requirements, copyright infringement and plagiarism.
- Provide guidance to new editorial board members, authors and reviewers on all aspects relevant to peer review processes. The guidance should be updated on regular basis whenever need for that.
- Ensure that manuscript submitted keeps confidential under reviewing process or until it is published and must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript rather than the corresponding author, reviewers, editorial advisers, and the publisher as appropriate.
- Ensure that unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not be used by the editor or the editorial board members for their own research purposes without the author’s explicit written consent. All information of evaluation indicated through peer review must be kept confidential.
- Investigate plagiarism and willing to publish required corrections, clarifications, justification and retractions.
- Ask associate editor or other member of the editorial board for considering manuscripts in which they may have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors or institutions connected to the papers.
- Assess manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, political philosophy of authors.
- Decision by acceptance or rejection of the manuscript to be objectively based on scientific quality, free of any commercial or self-interests and to which extent relevant to the aim of the journal.
- Develop a database of reviewers and to update the information following to reviewer performance.
- Take reasonable responsive measures in case of ethical complaints have been presented concerning a submitted manuscript or published paper, in conjunction with the publisher. Such measures will generally include contacting the author and giving due consideration of the respective complaint or claims made.
Responsibilities of the Authors
- Submit the manuscript in English and should be written according to right grammar and proper terminology.
- Present an accurate account of the work performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance. Data presented in the paper should be indicated accurately. Deceitful or inaccurate statements represent unethical behaviour and are unacceptable.
- Manuscript submitted should not be simultaneously sent to more than one publication at a time and has not been published elsewhere.
- Confirm that the submitted manuscript represents their own contributions and none of the data and information have been plagiarized either in whole or in part from other published materials without clearly citing the reference.
- Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the conception, design, execution, or interpretation of the reported study. All those who have made significant contributions should be listed as co-authors. Others who have participated in certain substantive aspects of the research project should be acknowledged or listed as contributors.
- Ensure that all appropriate co-authors are included in the authorship list of the manuscript and no inappropriate co-authors are involved.
- Corresponding author ensures that the submitted manuscript has been approved by all the other coauthors.
- Promptly notify the editors on any error may found in their published paper and cooperate with them to retract or correct the manuscript.
- Retain ownership of the copyright for their content, but allow others to download, reprint, distribute, and copy the content in a whole or part as long as the original authors and source are cited properly.
Responsibilities of the Reviewers
- Notify the editor in case of unqualified to review the manuscript or believe that the review will not meet the deadline appointed by the editor.
- Maintain the cofedntiality of the review process.
- Advise the editor whenever aware of copyright violation and plagiarism on the manuscript submitted.
- Point out objectively corrections required and comments should be made clearly with supporting arguments, so that authors can follow up to improve the manuscript.
- Inform the editor on any financial or personal conflict of interest and declining to review the manuscript when a possibility of such a conflict exists.
- Evaluate manuscript on scientific quality content regardless to the race, gender, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief, citizenship, political orientation or social class of the author(s).
- Notify the editor on any ethical concerns in their evaluation of submitted manuscript or any considerable similarity with previously reviewed manuscript.
Responsibilities of the Publisher
The responsibility of the Swedish Royal Library ´Kungliga Biblioteket, the publisher of BAER is in respect with:
- Protect intellectual property and copyright.
- Support the editorial board to follow the COPE Code of Conduct for Journal.
- Ensure publishing quality to be maintained on standards adopted.
- Maintain publication ethics and confidentiality